Surrogacy in India and Indian surrogates became increasingly popular amongst intended parents in industrialised nations because of the relatively low costs and easy access offered by Indian surrogacy agencies.
Babies Born & Counting!
Success Rate for bringing home a baby
Countries with Global Star Parents
of our surrogates are return carriers
India Fact File
Gestational surrogacy is allowed in India.
Namaste! With this word and a very beautiful gesture, a magical country welcomes you. Another culture, another world, a time to live & learn and an experience that you will never forget. The Indian subcontinent is a melting pot of races, people, languages, customs and traditions.
The people, the colour, the aroma of spices, the souvenirs of the past and the present have an immense charm. From the beaches of the South, to the slopes of the Himalayas, across the deserts of Thar and the valley of the Ganges, you will discover an enchanting country. The diversity of its people, their profound philosophy, and the warmth of their smiles will make your stay an unbelievable experience. If you wish to explore a mosaic of experiences, then come, India awaits you.
The Indian Council for Medical Research has given guidelines in the year 2002, approved by the government in 2005, regulating Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures. The Law Commission of India submitted the 228th report on Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures discussing the importance and need for surrogacy, and also the steps taken to control surrogacy arrangements. The following observations had been made by the Law Commission:
- Surrogacy arrangement will continue to be governed by contract amongst parties, which will contain all the terms requiring consent of surrogate mother to bear child, agreement of her husband and other family members for the same, medical procedures of artificial insemination, reimbursement of all reasonable expenses for carrying child to full term, willingness to hand over the child born to the commissioning parent(s), etc. But such an arrangement should not be for commercial purposes.
- A surrogacy arrangement should provide for financial support for surrogate child in the event of death of the commissioning couple or individual before delivery of the child, or divorce between the intended parents and subsequent willingness of none to take delivery of the child.
- A surrogacy contract should necessarily take care of life insurance cover for surrogate mother.
- One of the intended parents should be a donor as well, because the bond of love and affection with a child primarily emanates from biological relationship. Also, the chances of various kinds of child-abuse, which have been noticed in cases of adoptions, will be reduced. In case the intended parent is single, he or she should be a donor to be able to have a surrogate child. Otherwise, adoption is the way to have a child which is resorted to if biological (natural) parents and adoptive parents are different.
- Legislation itself should recognize a surrogate child to be the legitimate child of the commissioning parent(s) without there being any need for adoption or even declaration of guardian.
- The birth certificate of the surrogate child should contain the name(s) of the commissioning parent(s) only.
- Right to privacy of the donor as well as the surrogate mother should be protected.
- Sex-selective surrogacy should be prohibited.
- Cases of abortion should be governed by the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act 1971 only.
If you are wondering ‘is surrogacy is legal in India’, then the answer is yes. The country’s However there are certain limitations, which we will discuss below. The new surrogacy laws in India have outlawed commercial surrogacy. As of now, only altruistic surrogacy for couples with a proven track history of infertility are allowed to undergo the surrogacy process. The surrogacy laws in India are undergoing massive changes & we will be sure to update this page with all the relevant information in simple and clear terms.
The approximate cost of surrogacy in India depends on the treatment suitable for the intended parent. As one shall see, it was far less expensive than in the US. India is widely known for affordable surrogacy and gives you packages that will ease your journey to parenthood.
Surrogacy in India and Indian surrogates became increasingly popular amongst intended parents in industrialised nations because of the relatively low costs and easy access offered by Indian surrogacy agencies. Clinics charged patients for the complete package, including fertilization, the surrogate’s fee, and delivery of the baby at a hospital. Including the costs of flight tickets, medical procedures and hotels, this represented roughly a third of the price of the procedure in the UK and a fifth of that in the US. Surrogate mothers received medical, nutritional and overall health care through surrogacy agreements.
In 2005, the government approved the 2002 draft of the National Guidelines for the Accreditation, Supervision and Regulation of ART Clinics in India, in 2002. Before commercial surrogacy was banned in 2015, India was a popular destination for surrogacy. The economic scale of surrogacy in India is unknown, but study backed by the United Nations in July 2012 estimated the business at more than $400 million a year, with over 3,000 fertility clinics across India.
In 2013, surrogacy by foreign homosexual couples and single parents was banned. In 2015, the government banned commercial surrogacy in India and permitted entry of embryos only for research purposes. Shortly thereafter in 2016, a Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill was introduced and passed by Lok Sabha, the lower house of the Indian parliament, proposing to permit only heterosexual Indian couples married for at least five years with infertility problems to access altruistic or unpaid surrogacy and thereby further banning commercial surrogacy. The 2016 bill lapsed owing to the adjournment sine die of the parliament session. The bill was reintroduced and passed by the Lok Sabha in 2019. The bill would require to be passed by the Rajya Sabha, upper house of the Indian parliament and presidential assent before it becomes an act and thereby a law.
Why choose Global Star Surrogacy?
At GSS, you can count on our dedicated team of doctors, lawyers, medical professionals and support staff to assist you in your journey to parenthood. In the last 17 years, we have successfully helped bring 100+ babies in to families for both Indian and international parents.
It does not matter if it is your first experience with Artificial Reproductive Techniques (ART) and fertility treatment or you’ve engaged with many fertility clinics – we are here to wholly support you throughout your journey to parenthood through surrogacy in India.
From day one, our team has been passionately dedicated towards the goal of bringing new life to intending parents through ART services. To aid this goal, we provide you with the moral, emotional and technical support you need to fulfill your dream of starting a family through surrogacy in India.
Why we are the best Surrogacy Agency in India?
If you are wondering what we are considered as the top agency for India surrogacy, then the answer is simple – the level of professionalism, care and responsiveness you can expect at Global Star Surrogacy is simply unmatched in the industry. Throughout the process of India surrogacy we accompany you not as simple advisors, but as committed partners and professionals ready to guide you through every step of the journey. Another reason to choose us: we are experts at navigating and following the surrogacy laws in India.
We offer complete 360 Degree service under a single roof in India. From consultation to legal services, everything you need to complete your journey to parenthood through India surrogacy can be managed and assisted by us.
Another differentiating factor is our experience, for the last 17 years, we have been the front runners of this industry, both in terms of customer satisfaction and in success rates. Our impeccable record is a testament to the level and quality of service you can expect from us for each and every parent. As each one is just as special and important to us.
And if you are wondering if all of this is being delivered at an exorbitant cost, then prepare to be amazed, because we offer some of the lowest surrogacy costs in India.
So what’s there to wait for? Fill the form below and ask us all your questions! It can be as simple as ‘Is surrogacy legal in India?’. Our Experts will give you the information you seek & help you make an informed decision!
Rekha Suresh aims to commence her own clinics in countries that legalize surrogacy. Furthermore, her goal is to facilitate the best global surrogacy services to Intended parents under her expertise with a proficient team.
Global star surrogacy - USP
The key objective of our consultancy is to make the surrogacy journey hassle-free and emotionally rewarding. We provide guidance and support to the Intended parents through every step, right from the time they commence on their journey till they take their babies back home safely.